Engaging with fellow educators in opportunities to learn from and with one another is a passion of mine! Over the past few years I have been blessed with amazing opportunities to share my love of literacy in the elementary classroom with teachers.
If your school or district is interested in scheduling a workshop or setting up professional development sessions, face to face or through model lessons, please email me at email@example.com.
Upcoming Workshops and Professional Development Sessions
March 2016: NC Reading Conference – ROCKS TO BLOCKS for Constructing Meaning! [the OPERATORS to BUILD written comprehension]
April 2016: NCAEE Region 2 Conference – ROCKS TO BLOCKS for Constructing Meaning! [the OPERATORS to BUILD written comprehension]
Previously Presented Workshop and Professional Development Sessions
- Improving Reading Proficiency through Guided Reading
- Improving Reading Comprehension through Art, Music and P.E.
- Improving Reading Comprehension through Academic Vocabulary and Language Instruction
- Written Response and Reading Comprehension
- Improving Reading Comprehension through Close Reading Instructional Approaches and Strategies
- Writing through the Content Areas
- Teaching the Love of Reading through the Common Core Standards
- Balanced Literacy and Balancing your Literacy Block
- Readers Workshop Success
Workshop and Professional Development Photo Album